Thursday, February 17, 2011

God Help Us All...

I don't know what to say other than I am sick of seeing all of the bad people succeed. What makes them bad one may ask? Well, keep in mind, when I say bad, I mean it is quite obvious they are not good. The greed and the need for power and control in this world is just disgusting and literally makes me physically and psychologically ill. Yes, I will walk over you to get to the top, I will get to the top and be very successful, and I will live my life in a selfish shell of a human being and then I will have everything I want. Well, you know what, that is not fair, and I am sick of hearing life isn't fair. I already know life isn't fair. I am very fortunate and I am not whining or complaining about how hard my life is, I am simply stating the fact that the bad ones succeed when they shouldn't. The bad ones get promoted when they shouldn't. The bad ones win, even when they are the biggest losers. Let's compare the seven deadly sins and the ten commandments shall we?
Seven deadly sins:

1. Pride
2. Greed
3. Gluttony
4. Lust
5. Anger
6. Envy
7. Sloth

The Ten Commandments:
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
(courtesy of thetencommandments,org)

Wow, check out those correlations.
Let's start with pride. Honor your father and mother. Many of us didn't, many of us don't. We have too much pride. We don't want to let others win because we have two much pride. If you race me on the street, I will not let you win, because I have too much pride. I have too much pride to step down to you. It is destructive.

Moving on to greed, wow I could go all night on this one. The world IS FULL OF GREED. Money, fame and fortune. I want to look this way, I want to have it all, thou shalt not steal and thou shall not commit adultery are forms of greed. You want it all, all the time, it is not the way life works.  You shall not covet your neighbor's house, wife, servant, his donkey or anything that is your neighbors, Yet, people steal what is not theirs all the time. People steal everything from the smallest thing to a husband to a wife, to a marriage.

Lust and greed are more correlation and not causation. Lust is a form of greed. I want you only in a sexual way, and that is all I want so I want to have you and I will have you in the way I please. In your heart, you are being greedy with what you want.  If you act on your lust, you are greedy, and you are a sinner and you are probably at the same time committing adultery.

Gluttony is something I think we all suffer from. As far as food, yes I can be gluttonous at times. As far as gluttony looked at in a different way, it all stems back to greed. Everyone wants everything all the time. We feel entitled to it, it should be ours.


Revenge/Wrath...Yes this is another sin I am more than honest to admit I am a part of.  Yes, I want Osama Bin laden to be hanged, I want to see the terrible people out there suffer for their sins. Yes, revenge, yes I understand you revenge. I feel you, I understand you.

Ah, good old envy. Wow, you are really pretty and skinny and have a lot of money I sure want to be you. Yes envy, you and I are old flames. I want everything you have, thus making me greedy, envious, possibly lustful and possibly to proud to tell you. I envy that you have a good wife or husband so I will take her or him from you, I envy that you have all of this money so I will steal from you.

Sloth. Yes Yes Yes.  There are days I don't even want to get out of bed and face you world. I want to lie around in bed all day and do nothing with the covers on me, and the cats surrounding me, yet I know that is not realistic. I see it everyday in others and i see it everyday in myself. I see all of the deadly sins impact our every day lives, as we are all sinners and God knows that.


I mean, really, what makes you so smart? What makes me so smart? Nothing, none of us are smart in the same ways. You may be able to read a book and memorize it word for word, but I can look at you and tell you your life story in 10 minutes. I am smarter in different ways. Yet, I am looked at as this dumb, blonde bimbo who has mental issues that she can't deal with. Well, guess what, I can't deal with them, at least not on my own, but the fact that i am trying is more than I can say for half the people out there. The world has gone mad. I am literally scared to leave the house half the time. Scared some jerk will run me off the road, tbone me during a high speed chase, being the victim of a random act of violence, and for what reason, because the news had made me feel like going out in the world is dangerous, which it is. Yet, I still have to live my life, and I still do, and what ends up happening then fine. I have no control over that. However, I do have control over how I respond to it.
The deadly sins and the commandments when together and analyzed is quite obvious that God knows what temptations face us.  It seems as if one is saying, these things will kill you, and the other one is saying, these things will leave you in a fiery place when your time is up. The weird part is, I am not a religious fanatic. However, the greed and the sins of this world are so apparent to me, it is so hard for me not to write about them. What happened to us? What happened, seriously? Who the hell are we? We are sinners doing every possible sin known to man, going against God at every turn, yet expecting our lives to fall into place. Well, no, it does not work like that. People bash the Catholic religion all the time, which is what I was raised, and you know what, you are wrong for doing that. I can respect your views and I demand respect for mine. I do have anger in my heart for what the world has become. War, hate, greed, anger, resentment, I am fully aware I am part of these sins, so I am not being self righteous.


I sure hope this world gets it together and gets it together soon. 

I can't help but feel we are nothing less than doomed.